The user needs to create a new WorkSpace & WorkSet because the Out Of The Box (OOTB) WorkSpace & WorkSet supplied with the software will be having a default configuration. When the software will be updated the new changes will be pushed into the OOTB WorkSpace & WorkSet if any. Hence it is recommended that users create a new WorkSpace & WorkSet, they might have a default configuration supplied with Promis.e or user can use their custom configuration for creating it according to the requirement.
There two ways in which the process can be achieved. A. Using Substation UI. B. Using Windows Explorer.
1. Launch OpenUtilities Substation and go to Project Manager.
2. Next Click on the WorkSpace dropdown and select Create WorkSpace.
3. Next in Create WorkSpace dialog specify the Name & description for the WorkSpace and select Ok.
4. To Create WorkSet select the WorkSpace from Step 3, then select the drop-down for WorkSet and select Create WorkSet.
5. After the WorkSpace and WorkSet are created the OOTB or Custom Configuration files need to be added to the file structure using Windows Explorer.
Note: Before following the below steps ensure that OpenUtilities Substation Software is not running.
Note: In the below example, we are trying to use the folder structure located in the OOTB WorkSpace, users can create their own configuration and map them accordingly.
6. Using Windows Explorer go to the location of any OOTB Workspace’s Standard folder according to user requirement.For Substation ANSI-IEEE Example “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Substation ANSI-IEEE Example\Standards\Substation”
For Substation_Sample_ANSI-IEEE “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Substation ANSI-IEEE Example\Worksets\Substation_Sample_ANSI-IEEE\Standards\Substation”
7. Browsing to any one of the above locations copy the Substation folder and paste in the new WorkSpace folder location “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Test\Standards”.
8. The dataset can be kept as it is with OOTB configuration or can be replaced with custom Substation Configuration Dataset files.
9. Go to the WorkSet folder using Windows Explorer to any of the WorkSet from the WorkSpace folder referred to in Step 6.
For e.g Substation_Sample_ANSI-IEEE “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Substation ANSI-IEEE Example\Worksets\Substation_Sample_ANSI-IEEE\Standards”
And copy the Promise Folder from WorkSet to new WorkSet as in the below example“C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\New\WorkSets\Example\Standards”
10. Next copy the Ecad.dgn from the OOTB WorkSet DGN folder to new WorkSet DGN folder. copy it to the example location “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Test\WorkSets\Test\”
For Substation_Sample_ANSI-IEEE “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Substation ANSI-IEEE Example\Worksets\Substation_Sample_ANSI-IEEE\Dgn”
For Substation IEC Example “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Substation IEC Example\Worksets\Substation_Sample_IEC\Dgn”
11. Launch Substation and go to Configuration Variables and check if everything is configured with new WorkSpace folders.
1. Copy & Paste existing WorkSpace folder & WorkSpace.cfg file in the location “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces”.
2. Next rename the WorkSpace folder & WorkSpace.cfg file to New WorkSpace name according to requirements.
3. Next browse to the WorkSet folder and rename the files according to the requirement to reflect the new name for WorkSet. Location “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Test - 1\WorkSets”
4. Once the new WorkSpace & WorkSet have been created user can replace the existing files with new or older / custom Substation Configuration Dataset files.
5. Launch Substation and go to the Configuration Variables. Make the changes to the Path for dataset file’s in WorkSpace & WorkSet configuration. For details on the Configuration variables, you can refer to the below Wiki link.
Substation >> Configuration Variables
Important Note: For both the above-mentioned Methods for creating new WorkSpace & WorkSet. If the user is trying to use Custom Parts Database which was not part of OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT WorkSpace earlier, the Parts Database Mapping needs to be done manually.