Can I install any version of AutoPIPE on any Operating System?
What version of AutoPIPE is compatible / authorized to run on versions of windows platforms?
Each version of AutoPIPE product software is thoroughly tested on various Operating Systems, OS (Win 7, Win 10, etc..). In addition, in order for the application to be certified under our QA program it must undergo additional testing and documentation. Therefore, recommend to review read-me or "readme_autopipe.htm" file to see what OS a particular version of the program has been tested on.
This does not mean that the software cannot be run on another operating systems / platforms not specified in the readme file, but that it has not been tested by our development team to be installed on another OS / platform. One can always try to install and use the application on any OS / platform. However, Bentley cannot be held liable for results or provide technical support for installation of AutoPIPE on untested systems - see WIKI here.
If you do encounter an issue with the program that is install on an untested OS, please log a Service Request providing system details, screen shots, program crashes information and a brief account of the problems encountered. We will make an effort to help resolve the issue, but are unable to guarantee a solution. Note, it would be counter productive to make updates to older / outdated software.
0. Suggest to install AutoPIPE on a Virtual Machine with bare minimum Window utilities only (no security apps running), users who logs in has complete Admin rights, and then try and reproduce the issue. Can the issue be reproduced in this limited environment? If yes, please coniform, If no, than issue is related to user credentials / security settings.
1. AutoPIPE v6.3 and lower are 16-bit applications. Search internet for instructions to run 16 bit application on 32 or 64-bit Windows (example here).
2. AutoPIPE v.8.5 and higher are 32-bit applications and should run on 32 or 64-bit OS with few if any adjustments.
3. The following versions have not been tested on Win 10 however were able to be installed on Win 10, performed an analysis, and produced results:
a. 08.06.00.12 and higher.
4. Installing on Windows Server 2019. both SELECTserver-based and SES-based versions of AutoPIPE can activate given the services / protocol going to be disabled:
a. NTLM V1 will be disabled. NTLM V2 andother AD authentication protocols will be available.
b. LDAP Simple Bind will be disabled. “LDAP_Bind_S” and “LDAPS” will be available in the new servers. LDAPS is prefer configuration as per the QP Security policies and standards.
c. TLS 1.0 will be disabled. TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 will be available in the new servers.
d. Following ciphers will be disabled RC2, RC4, MD5, 3DES, DES, IDEA, NULL. All other ciphers and cipher suites will be available.
Provided TLS 1.2 is enabled, communication with our license servers will be unaffected. If you are not using Federated Identity with Bentley, therefore no Active Directory integration will be utilized for CONNECTION Client purposes.
What OS build is supported
Download, Install, Release Note information