Need help working from home with your Bentley software? We're here to help - click here
What file formats can AutoPIPE Import / Export?
The short answer is Start AutoPIPE and select File> Open or Import> commands, the various file formats are listed here that can be imported. If a specific format is not listed then AutoPIPE cannot import that file type directly. Instead use another software that is compatible to open your model and save it to a format that AutoPIPE can open.
1. Check your version of AutoPIPE, as the supported files from both import/export are continuously updated.
2. Review Workflow in Bentley Dashboard here for more details on how information can be import / exported between Bentley applications.
The following files formats can imported into AutoPIPE:
AutoPIPE Model (*.dat)
Model From STAAD Using PipeLink (*.pipelink)
Coordinates (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.txt)
OpenPlant Modeler (PXF)
Caesar II Neutral (CII)
Aveva PDMS (CII)
Intergraph PDS (N)
Smart Plant (PCF)
AutoDesk Inventor (PCF)
Autodesk Plant 3D (PCF)
AutoCAD Coordinates thru MS Excel
Import Coordinates from Excel
1. At this time the only method to import beams is by using STAAD Pipelink. There is a tutorial document in the following folder:
Using AutoPIPE CONNECT and higher: see help> Contents tab> Bentley AutoPIPE> Supplemental Documentation
Using AutoPIPE V8i: C:\ Bentley\ AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries\ Documents \ PIPELINK_tutorial.pdf or search your hard drive.
2. AutoPIPE Static and Dynamic analysis use specific files with special formatting; see the following help section for a complete list of supported files: Help > Contents> Contents Tab> AutoPIPE File Reference> Working Directory Files> Formatted Working Directory Files). As long as the data being imported from another program is in the correct format, and specified in the model, it will be used by AutoPIPE during the analysis. Otherwise, convert the imported data into an acceptable format to be used by the program or manually update the model as required.
3. If a specific program is not listed above, try importing your file into another application that can convert to one of the supported formats above.
4. About importing load files from other programs, we apologize for the inconvenience AutoPIPE can only import the above files. However, if you could convert your load file into or manually create an AutoPIPE formatted load file. Then AutoPIPE will be able to read it for analysis purposes. Please see the following AutoPIPE help section: Help > Contents> Contents Tab> File Reference> Working Directory Files > Formatted Working Directory Files for a complete list of formatted files (typical load files: THL, TIH, FS, HMF, SPC). AutoPIPE online help has details on manually creating these User-Defined files.
The following files can exported from AutoPIPE:
AutoPLANT (PXF) - Geometry/Results
Caesar II neutral (*.cii)
JSpace Model (*.jsm)
DGN Model (*.dgn)
Export to LiCAD (*.txt)
Input Database (*.mdb)
Results Database (*.mdb)
Nozzle Loads to AutoPIPE Nozzle
Nozzle Loads to AutoPIPE Vessel
Model to STAAD Using PipeLink (*.pipelink)
Import and Export - AutoPIPE