What file formats can AutoPIPE Import / Export?
AutoPIPE has 4 different functions with which to bring information into the program:
1. Open (File > File > Open > )
2. Import (File > Import/Export > Import > )
3. Insert (File > Import/Export > Insert Model > )
4. ISM (File > Import/Export > ISM >)
Both Open and Import commands are available when starting a new model, where Import, Insert, and ISM commands are available once a model has been opened.
Suggest to install / update the program to insure all features below are available for use. If a specific format is not listed then AutoPIPE cannot import that file type directly. Instead use another software that is compatible to open your model file format and save it to a format that AutoPIPE can open.
1. Check your version of AutoPIPE, as the supported files from Insert, Import, and Export are continuously updated.
2. Review Workflow in Bentley Dashboard here for more details on how information can be import / exported between Bentley applications.
The following file formats can be opened by AutoPIPE:
AutoPIPE Model (DAT)
AutoPIPE Backup (BAK)
AutoPIPE Batch (NTL)
The following file formats can be opened / imported into AutoPIPE:
OpenPlant Modeler (PXF)
Caesar II Neutral (CII)
Aveva PDMS (CII)
Intergraph PDS (N)
Smart Plant (PCF)
Aveva E3D (XML)
AutoDesk Revit (PCF)
AutoDesk Inventor (PCF)
Autodesk Plant 3D (PCF)
The following file formats can inserted into an existing AutoPIPE model:
Model From STAAD Using PipeLink (PIPELINK)
Model From STAAD Using SQLite PipeLink (PIPELINK.DB)
Model From SACS Using PipeLink (PIPELINK)
AutoCAD Coordinates (XLS)
Microstation Coordinates (XLS, XLSX, TXT)
1. At this time the only method to import beams is by using STAAD Pipelink. There is a tutorial document in the following folder:
Using AutoPIPE CONNECT and higher: see help> Contents tab> Bentley AutoPIPE> Supplemental Documentation
Using AutoPIPE V8i: C:\ Bentley\ AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries\ Documents \ PIPELINK_tutorial.pdf or search your hard drive.
2. AutoPIPE Static and Dynamic analysis use specific load files (ex. THP, THL, TIH, FS, HMF, SPC, etc..) with special formatting; see the following help section for a complete list of supported files:
Help > Contents> Contents Tab> AutoPIPE File Reference> Working Directory Files> Formatted Working Directory Files
As long as the data being imported from another program uses the correct format and specified in the model, it will be used by AutoPIPE during an analysis. Otherwise, convert the imported data into an acceptable format to be used by the program or manually update the model as required.
The following file formats can exported from AutoPIPE:
Create / Update Repository (ISM)
Update from Repository (ISM)
AutoPLANT - Geometry/Results (PXF)
Caesar II neutral (CII)
Caesar II XML (XML)
Caesar II (C2)
JSpace Model (JSM)
DGN Model (DGN)
Export to LiCAD (TXT)
Input Database (MDB)
Results Database (MDB)
SACS SQLite Database (DB) [Technology Preview]
SQLite Database (DB)
Nozzle Loads to AutoPIPE Nozzle (PXF)
Nozzle Loads to AutoPIPE Vessel
Model to STAAD Using PipeLink (PIPELINK)
Import and Export - AutoPIPE